Back Pain Relief – Naturally
Back Pain Relief – Naturally
Back pain is something that affects a huge percentage of the population at some time or another in their lives.
The symptoms experienced can range from being 'mild and annoying' to the other end of the spectrum 'agonisingly painful and totally debilitating'
Wherever you fall in this spectrum I can guarantee that any type of back pain is something that you would far rather you did not have.
So, here are a few other ways (after buying yourself an adjustable bed that is of helping you to cope with the pain naturally and also to help you make sure that once you are rid of the pain it is gone for good.
Back Pain Relief (AKA … Shutting The Stable Door Well After The Horse Bolted!)
- Know when to seek medical help. Get a proper diagnosis of the problem and if the pain is really that bad then get the appropriate back pain relief. You can visit a Dr, Chiropractor, Osteopath, Orthopedic Surgeon, Physiotherapist. Natural back pain relief might not always be the appropriate course of action in the first instance:(
- Wheat bags – one of the best ideas of the last 15 years. These simply heat up in the microwave and are a god send for applying heat to injured areas. Much better than hot water bottles too.
- Lavender oil – a totally under used oil. Make sure that it is 100% pure essential oil when you buy it. How to use – well you simply put 2 or 3 drops into a small amount of massage oil and massage into the affected area. Better still once you have applied it put the warm wheat bag over it and the heat will not only warm the muscle but also drive the Lavender through.
- Complementary therapies such as Accupuncture, Reflexology, Massage, Aromatherapy can all help BUT …. just be warned they will not all work for everyone every time (a bit like drugs from your Dr). Always be guided by your Chiropractor or other professional.
Back Pain Relief – Prevention Being Better Than Cure
It is far easier and better for us to prevent things from happening in the first place rather than having to deal with the crisis once it hits. Back pain is no different as those of us who have suffered from this know – it is far better to do a little bit of work keeping your back strong and healthy than to have to live with back pain.
- Do regular exercise such as Yoga or Pilates to keep your spine strong and supple and to keep the muscles surrounding it strong
- Make sure to lift correctly – knees bent, back straight, keep the object close into your body, do not lift anything that is too heavy for you without help
- Eat well and drink plenty of water – you would not put the wrong type of fuel into your car so why put the wrong fuel into your body?
- Get plenty of sleep and rest and make sure that your bed (where you spend approximately one third of your life) is supportive and comfortable. Take a look at some of the adjustable beds here to see what we mean.
We should never need back pain relief ….
Back pain relief should be something that is a part of our everyday lives – not because we have got the pain but so that we do not get it. if we look after our body with love and respect and as we should then we should never need back pain relief as our spine should be strong and supple and healthy.